Potomac Institute for Policy Studies
The Capital Consortium for Neuroscience: Ethical, Legal and Social Issues (CCNELSI), www.ccnelsi.com, was developed by Potomac Institute for Policy Studies Vice President of Academic Programs, Prof. James Giordano, PhD. CCNELSI operates in conjunction with the Institute and its Center for Neurotechnology Studies as a forum for the exploration of emerging issues in neuroscience and accompanying ethical concerns. CCNELSI partners with area academic and research institutions to enrich the intellectual life of the DC and Northern Virginia communities. Click below to watch a video in which Prof. Giordano explains CCNELSI's mission.
Potomac Institute Fellow Ben Sheppard, PhD, is an expert on political and psychological effects of terrorist attacks. In a radio interview on the Jim Bohannon Show, Dr. Sheppard talks about the "homegrown" terrorist risk highlighted by a recent sting operation in the Washington, DC area. That operation led to the arrest of a Virginia man, for allegedly participating in what he thought was a plot to bomb Metro transit stations. Click here to listen to Dr. Sheppard's interview on domestic terrorism risks.
On October 22, the Potomac Institute for Policy Studies presented a guest lecture by James Tabery, PhD, MA, assistant professor of Philosophy and member of the Division of Medical Ethics and Humanities at the University of Utah. Dr. Tabery's lecture was entitled "A 'Genetic Predisposition' to Violence? The Dangers of Misconstruing the Gene-Brain-Behavior Relationship." Click below to watch a video of the event.
- Will the "Mistral" Ship Deal Run Aground?
- "Best Available Science" Now Available on Amazon.com
- Board of Regents Member Receives Stockholm Water Prize
- Jeffrey Wadsworth, PhD, President and CEO of Battelle, to Receive Navigator Award
- Dr. Tawfik Hamid on ABC News 20/20
- Senior Fellow David Smith on Russia-Syria Missile Deal
- Gerald Edelman, MD, PhD, is Navigator Award Winner
- Board of Regents Member John Young on Federal News Radio
- Turkey at a Crossroads
- Elon Musk is Navigator Award Winner
Page 74 of 103
Editors: Michael Swetnam and Tim Sample
- "Equipment Reset: Getting the Marine Corps Down to Fighting Weight" April 17 April 17, 2013 (15:00 - 16:00)
- ICTS: Combating Hizballah's Global Network April 04, 2013 (12:00 - 14:00)
- Brown Bag Lunch: Featuring CNS Visiting Scholars' Presentations August 09, 2012 (12:00 - 13:00)
- Combating Olympic Terrorism: National and International Lessons July 25, 2012 (12:00 - 14:00)
- Fundamentals of Chinese Information Warfare and Impacts on the Western World May 11, 2012 (12:00 - 14:00)
Equipment Reset: Getting the Marine Corps Down to Fighting Weight, on Wednesday, April 17, 3 - 4 p.m, at Potomac Institute of Policy Studies. Event will be lead by LtGen William M. Faulkner, USMC, Deputy Commandant, Installations and...
Combating Hizballah’s Global Network, Thursday, Apr 4, 12-2
Hosted by Potomac Institute for Policy Studies, Inter-University Center for Terrorism Studies
At the Potomac Institute, 901 N. Stuart St, Ste 200
Inter-University Center for...
Brown-Bag Lunchtime Lecture Series
Thursday, 9. August 2012
2nd Floor Conference Room
CNS Summer Visiting Scholars' Research Lectures
Ilona Brueckmann, Carnegie-Mellon University, PA.
Realities Amongst Myth: Constructs of...
The Potomac Institute for Policy Studies' International Center for Terrorism Studies will host a panel discussion, Combating Olympic Terrorism: National and International Lessons, on Wednesday, July 25, at the Institute. Registration is required. Contact...
The Potomac Institute Cyber Center will host a special program on Fundamentals of Chinese Information Warfare and Impacts on the Western World on Friday, May 11, from 12 noon-2 pm at the Institute, 901 North Stuart Street, Suite 200, Arlington, VA...
Calendar of Events