David W. Machuga, PhD, is a Senior Fellow of the Potomac Institute for Policy Studies. Dr. Machuga is the President and CEO of ELTA North America, a leading defense electronics company.
Dr. Machuga brings significant experience in technology development, electromagnetic sensors and integrated solutions. His background in program execution in Intelligence, Surveillance, Target Acquisition and Reconnaissance (ISTAR), Early Warning and Control, Homeland Security (HLS), Self-Protection and Self-Defense, Fire Control, and Space mission segments is based on 14 years of engineering, program management, and large program recovery efforts.
Prior to assuming his current responsibilities for ELTA North America, Dr. Machuga served in executive positions at Northrop Grumman Corporation, where he had increasing management responsibilities. Most recently, he led the strategy and technology for the Biometric and RFID lines of business. Previously, he was responsible for the advanced technology business unit for Homeland Defense/Security as well as Distributed Engineering / and EW Program Operations where he managed over 700 employees at seven sites around the US.
Dr. Machuga earned his PhD in Electrical Engineering (EE), MSEE, and BSEE degrees from the Pennsylvania State University, and also serves as an adjunct professor for his alma mater.
- Academic Centers
- Center for Emerging Threats and Opportunities (CETO)
- Center for Enterprise, Exploration, and Defense in Space (CEEDS)
- Center for Adaptation and Innovation (CAI)
- Center for Revolutionary Scientific Thought (CReST)
- International Center for Terrorism Studies (ICTS)
- Vital Infrastructure, Technology, and Logistics (VITAL)
- Cyber Readiness Index (CRI)
- Science and Technology Policy Training Program
- About us