Amy K.C.S. Vanderbilt, PhD, is a Senior Fellow of the Potomac Institute for Policy Studies. Dr. Vanderbilt is the Founder and Chief Strategist at consulting and marketing firm TrendPOV.com in the Washington, D.C. area, and is the creator of the award-winning Early Math Series books, which are designed to introduce young children to mathematical concepts. She is an advocate for early technical education and STEM education initiatives.
Commenting on her appointment, Dr. Vanderbilt said, "The Potomac Institute is widely regarded as THE think tank for technology and policy in the United States. Given the immense accomplishments of the other Senior Fellows, I am humbled and thrilled to be considered their peer.”
Prior to starting her own business, Dr. Vanderbilt was a Program Manager at the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency, where she led seventeen funded projects ranging from SBIRs, to Programs and Seedlings in multiple technical areas. She has co-authored two books on proposal development known as the Lean Proposal Series. She has a long history of appointment within the NATO RTO to technical working groups on network analysis and information visualization, and has served in previous positions ranging from CTO for Wave Technologies, to Program Manager and Technical Advisor for quick reaction prototyping, to INSCOM's Technical Operations Support Activity, Research Scientist at SAIC, and Assistant Professor of Mathematics at Xavier University.
She holds a PhD in Mathematics focused on Nonmonotonic Reasoning, from the University of Florida.
- Academic Centers
- Center for Emerging Threats and Opportunities (CETO)
- Center for Health Policy & Preparedness (CHPP)
- Center for Enterprise, Exploration, and Defense in Space (CEEDS)
- Center for Adaptation and Innovation (CAI)
- Center for Revolutionary Scientific Thought (CReST)
- International Center for Terrorism Studies (ICTS)
- Global Competition Project (GCP)
- Vital Infrastructure, Technology, and Logistics (VITAL)
- Cyber Readiness Index (CRI)
- Science and Technology Policy Training Program
- About us