Gerold Yonas, PhD, is a Senior Fellow. Dr. Yonas serves as a Research Science Affiliate at the Mind Research Network in Albuquerque, NM.
Dr. Yonas joined the Mind Research Network in 2009, as the director of neurosystems engineering. In his current work, he is dedicated to creating the new fields of neurosystems engineering that links advances in neuroscience with systems engineering through interdisciplinary teams that focus on the development of solutions to complex system problems involving behavior, cognition and neurotechnology.
Previously, Dr. Yonas worked at the Sandia National Laboratories, where he served as vice president of Systems, Science and Technology, and later became Sandia's principal scientist and initiated Sandia's Advanced Concepts Group. He is a Fellow of the American Physical Society and a Fellow of the American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics. He has received numerous honors including the US Air Force Medal for Meritorious Civilian Service and the Secretary of Defense Medal for Outstanding Public Service.
Dr. Yonas serves on several defense boards and is an adjunct professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at the University of New Mexico. He has published extensively in the fields of intense particle beams, inertial confinement fusion, strategic defense technologies, technology transfer, and "wicked engineering." He received his PhD in engineering science and physics at the California Institute of Technology.
- Academic Centers
- Center for Emerging Threats and Opportunities (CETO)
- Center for Health Policy & Preparedness (CHPP)
- Center for Enterprise, Exploration, and Defense in Space (CEEDS)
- Center for Adaptation and Innovation (CAI)
- Center for Revolutionary Scientific Thought (CReST)
- International Center for Terrorism Studies (ICTS)
- Global Competition Project (GCP)
- Vital Infrastructure, Technology, and Logistics (VITAL)
- Cyber Readiness Index (CRI)
- Science and Technology Policy Training Program
- About us